THE SUPER MOMS AND DADS GUIDE
Population: There are 278 million super moms and dads in China, and the number of two-child families is increasing. Since the implementation of China’s two-child policy in 2016, the number of second children has been increasing every year and there are 98.39 million children aged 0-6.
Despite the rapid decline in China’s fertility rate, the spending power of super moms and dads deserves attention due to the impact of developing parenting styles and consumption upgrades. Super parents are a large online consumer base and have high consumption rates. There are 220.44 million monthly active users who are parents and 64.8% are in middle and high income groups.
Age and educational background: Most parents of small children in China are young. 44.6% of mothers are 26-30 years old and 44.9% of fathers are 31-35. More than 80% of super moms and dads have a college degree or higher and more than half work for enterprises.
City tiers and regional distribution The largest number of super moms and dads, nearly 60%, are concentrated in lower tier cities and in eastern China. Third tier cities have the greatest proportion of parents at 25.3%. Due to the pressures of living in China’s economically developed areas, only 8.6% of parents are in first tier cities and 15.7% are in new first-tier cities. In terms of geographical distribution, families with children are more concentrated in the eastern coastal and central regions, with 30.8% in the east.
Purchase preferences: While pursuing product quality, super moms and dads are still sensitive to price with 48.8% paying close attention to it. They want items that are good value for money. 54.5% of parents are pursuing improved living standards and 49.4% want items that are fashionable.
Online shopping channel preferences: 78.9% of super moms and dads shopped on large e-commerce platforms. The next most popular online shopping choice was second-hand trading platforms. Activity on China’s fresh food e-commerce platforms has the highest user activity, with a TGI(Target Group Index) of 106. They’re a fast, convenient way for Chinese families with children to buy food, especially during the pandemic. Social e-commerce is also popular with parents with a TGI of 100.
POPULAR CATEGORIES FOR SUPER MOMS AND DADS
Maternity and child care products: children’s clothing (20.3%), children’s care products (19.4%), children’s toys (13.1%), maternity products (9.3%), children’s travel products (9.1%).
Home products: Personal care appliances (44.2%), kitchen appliances (22.3%), household appliances (14%).
Intelligent products: Smart cars TGI 110, smart wearable devices TGI 104, smart health products TGI 103, smart accessories TGI 89.
WHY DO YOU NEED CHINESE MARKETING RESEARCH AND STRATEGY?
It’s never easy to enter a new market, especially when it requires understanding the sentiment of a new group of consumers and their communication channels. By working with our agency, we offer you the following benefits:
- Helps you understand China’s super moms and dads
- Helps you understand your competitors targeting China’s parents
- Helps you to determine the positioning of your products and plan digital marketing and ecommerce strategies
- Helps you align your offerings more accurately with the expectations of Chinese customers
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING
OUR RESEARCH AND STRATEGY METHODOLOGY
Our China marketing research and strategy team gives you a detailed framework that will allow you to start and grow your business in mainland China. Our methodology mix is tailored for each project. In order to identify target consumers and understand their demands and develop marketing strategy for your product in China, Alarice team will develop tailor-made proposal for your project and discuss each phase methodology with your team to guarantee results. You can find more information about or methodology approaches here.
- Online Market Research
- Industry performance research
- Market sizing
- Competitors Benchmarking
- Mystery Shopping
- Case Study
- Brand SMM Audit
- E-commerce Audit
- SWOT Analysis
- Perceived USPs
- Value Perceived
- Online Survey
- Consumer Panel
- Focus Groups
- In-depth interviews
- Offline intercepts
- Semantics ( usage differentiation )
- Social listening
- Ethnographic research
- Sentiment Analysis
- Sensory Analysis
- Consumer Journey Tracking
- Brand Positioning review
- Brand pricing strategy review
- Market channels strategy
- Content strategy
- SMM strategy
- KOL/Influencer strategy
- Roadmap timeline budget
- Seasonal events / campaigns
- Conversion funnel strategy
YOUR CHINA MARKETING TEAM
We have an unmatched ecosystem of services to help clients worldwide build their brand in China from 0 and enhance performance for those already in the market:
- Chinese Social Media Account Set Up. Chinese social media account set up and verification are steps which seem easy to handle. However, for newcomers, it can be a challenging process, especially when interfaces are only in Chinese or the English version is very different. Our team will help you with the list of documents needed, account options and the rest of the verification process. We also do account migration, account mergers, integration and more.
- Digital Brand Audit. We can do a full spectrum analysis of your digital marketing matrix and point out what’s effective, what’s hitting the mark, what’s missing and what needs urgent attention.
- Chinese Social Media Marketing. With our understanding of China’s unique social media landscape, we’ll help to select the most suitable platforms for your services and products and turn them into effective marketing channels with creative content. Apart from China’s top social networks, WeChat and Weibo, we also work with niche Chinese social media platforms suitable for different industries.
- KOL Marketing and Campaigns. Working with bloggers in China is very different from in most Western countries. In order to succeed in China, key opinion leader (KOL) marketing is not an option, it’s a necessity.
- Chinese Brand and Product Naming. Choosing the right brand name for the China market is one of the most sensitive aspects of an entrance strategy. We help with China brand name and slogan development.
- Digital Online PR . We help with China PR strategy to get attention from users and visibility in the market.
As each project is unique, we also organize free consultations to discuss your projects and suggest solutions. Contact us and we’ll help you turn your business goals into real outcomes
Large numbers of young people choose to stay single due to excessive pressure and high housing costs in first-tier cities. At present, the main population of childbearing in China has already shifted to the young people in third-tier cities and below. So Mums and Dads’ consumers overlap with the sinking market to a great extent.
We provide customer research and China marketing strategy services, we give actionable marketing and customer strategies rather than just untested theories. We also help international brands competitor analysis, brand positioning analysis and execution, audience targeting and more.
For relevant brands, this is an opportunity market that cannot be missed. If you want to enter the Chinese elderly market from scratch, we provide local branding services, including brand and product naming, logo design,product guidelines and more.
Moms and dads in China pursue product quality and are sensitive to price. They want items that are good value for money.It’s not easy to know if the product actually meets target audience needs. Our social listening service can extract subjective information and valuable data for you from China’s mainstream social media. We can also further help brands improve their products and marketing strategies according to the needs and opinions of target consumers.
We recommend you to start with the consumer research first and planning your marketing strategy. We can also provide content planning for your brand. Please contact us for more details and to get recommendation for social media platforms.